Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mad at Obama

So, I'm one of Obama's biggest cheerleader ever.

But, I'm a little upset with him in his reaction to the Auto Industry woes.

He treats the auto industry as if it could just disappear and it wouldn't have any impact on the US.

The auto industry has already personally effected my state, my family, heck even me and we're not even an auto worker on any level. I just so happen to live in Michigan and work for a company that relies on a lot from the Auto Industry. Before it even got to where it is now; before it was a big national deal my company was effected. And now my salary is cut 10% and I make less than I did 2 years ago, no more bonuses (though I wasn't get much anyway), and no more raises. Did I mention I just moved?? Yeah so this auto thing is lot more personal and painful for me and mine than it would be someone whose livelihood wasn't effected and I think the President needs to re-evaluate what his action or inaction would do for those of us involved.

We have one of the highest unemployment rate and one of those people recently unemployed is a close relative. It would quadruple if one, not even 2, just one of the big three were allowed to fail.

Do they need to restructure? Yep

Are they responsible for their issues? Partially

But while we're shaking our collective heads at the big three and opening our collective wallets for the banks who have brought the whole world down, my salary and the salary of my co-workers are cut by 10%. I'm one of those check to check people, barely making enough to get by and that 10% is a big deal.

So Obama I'm a little upset with you.

Sure we need a secure banking system but we also need our auto industry and if you're going to scrutinize and criticize and demonize the big three you should be doing that 10 times as hard and as long to the banks.

And bank of america I'm mad at you too for this bogus $2 extra you put on top of the atm fee I already paid while the ceo is making millions. Cut his salary and get rid of this new $2 fee that I don't even think I was told about. Forget mad, I hate boa!

No comments: